The Mobile Sailing Program gives young people aged 7 and up, as well as youths and adults an introduction to the exciting sport of sailing. It is designed to meet the needs of both the beginners and those with some experience, wanting to further refine their skills. All instruction is based on the new CANSail standards.
Young students, enrolled in the mobile sailing program using the Prams, will be taught the Wet Feet Certification program and the older students, using the FJs, will be taught the CANSail 1+2 certification program as a basis for evaluation at the end of the week. The Wet Feet and CANSail programs are multi level programs with various sailing skills required for completion of each level. At the end of the week, the students will receive a progress report and a certificate acknowledging their accomplishments of the level they have completed.
Don’t hesitate! Register with us today and get started learning, friendly instructors and great people in an easy-going environment.
- The cost of the five day mobile sailing program is $2100 plus GST. That includes six prams for kids and four double handed boats for youths and adults as well as a small zodiac. The program will be accompanied by two instructors. Boat and trailer transportation at the beginning and end of the program will be coordinated with the host.
- Classes should be scheduled in two sessions, mornings and afternoons. Recommended class size for the Prams is 6 participants in the mornings and 6 in the afternoons. Recommended class size for the FJs is 8 participants in the mornings and 8 in the afternoons. Please try to group students according to age or ability (or both).
- The students in the Prams will receive the Sailing with Puffy and Friends workbook. For the older and more experienced sailors, the Basic Sailing Skill book will be provided.
- Students should bring appropriate clothing, sun protection, water, snacks, and if available life jackets. The instructors will have some lifejackets but students are encouraged to bring their own lifejacket.
- All students must complete the medical information form and waiver, and these sheets must be passed on to the instructors before the start of the program.
- We will be bringing one small coachboat equipped with a first aid kid and other safety items. One additional safety boat in good working, as well as gas, oil and coast guard required safety items has to be provided by the host.
- A safe storage area for equipment and supplies as well as a sheltered area or an indoor space has to be provided for the program in case of inclement weather.
- Please provide emergency phone numbers, an emergency action plan and an accessible contact person during the program.
- Meals and billeting arrangements for the instructors should be provided, unless otherwise arranged with us.
- Instructors are not responsible for supervision of students outside of class time.
- The mobile sailing program registration form must be signed by both, Sail Manitoba and the host club/organization and returned to our office prior to the start of the program.