What is CANSail?
CANSail refers to Canadaâs updated sailor training standards. CANSail Dinghy is Sail Canadaâs dinghy program for clubs to deliver across Canada. CANSail is a leading sail training initiative to foster performance in sailing and life long participation in the sport.
Sail Canada’s traditional standards & programming is tried and true, but exists unaltered from its establishment 23 or more years ago! CANSail is designed to be a set of progressive learn to sail standards focused on providing sailors with a solid foundation of core skills. It allows sailors to learn and progress in any type of boat and consolidates key skills and solid experiences before adding complex skills.
The CANSail Program
– Programming specific to ages 5-8 years, in an Optimist Dinghy.
Active Start stage of the LTSD.
CANSail 1 & 2
– Fundamental skill acquisition in any type of boat (single / double handed). Fundamental stage of the LTSD.
CANSail 3 & 4
– Applied skill acquisition in any type of boat (single / double handed).
Learn to Sail Fast stage of the LTSD.
CANSail 5 & 6
– Applied skill consolidation in any type of boat (single / double handed).
Learn to Train stage of the LTSD.
Chutes & Wires
– Specialized double handed performance skill consolidation.
Learn to Train stage of the LTSD. Chutes and Wires may be delivered concurrently with other levels in the CANSail program.